When we plan to eat a healthy diet, we automatically choose things that are high in protein and less in fat. Protein-rich diets help to not only maintain lean muscle mass but keep hunger pangs at bay. Quinoa and muesli are one of the most common foods that we include in our protein-rich diet. Let’s get familiar with the benefits that these foods offer as soon as we consume them:
Quinoa Health Benefits
Cooked Quinoa is worth gold to your healthy diet plan. Each cup contains:
Phosphorus: 28% of the RDA.
Manganese: 58% of the RDA.
Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
Folate: 19% of the RDA.
Copper: 18% of the RDA.
Zinc: 13% of the RDA.
Iron: 15% of the RDA.
Besides these nutrients, you only consume 2% fat.
- Quinoa contains double the fibre as much as other grains, which helps in controlling high blood pressure and is considered a go-to food for diabetic people.
- It is a blessing to people who suffer from gluten intolerance. Other foods are usually prepared with refined starches, which are not very good for your health. So, rather than going for gluten-free junk food, which will still be a junk, you can consume Quinoa Snack bars.
Muesli Health Benefits
- An excellent fitness food for those who are planning to get rid of that extra fat around their belly.
- Low in fat yet high in healthy nutrients like fibre and whole grains.
- Healthy Muesli Bars are much better than cornflakes. Also, they are available in sugar variants and you can choose according to your taste.
- Nutritionists suggest that quinoa with fruits and nuts is the best combination you can have for breakfast.
- Prepared with multi-grains and cereals, muesli bars are the best alternative to several other sugary snack bars containing additives and preservatives.
- Besides meeting our daily nutrition requirements, muesli provides an instant boost of energy.
After knowing these benefits of quinoa and muesli, why would you not want to include them in your daily diet?
The best part about these superfoods is that they make you feel full for longer and help curb hunger. Addition of muesli and quinoa to your regular diet can help you meet your fitness goals while improving your overall health.
With almost every other health-conscious individual switching to a gluten-free diet, it comes as no surprise that gluten free snacks are quite taking over the world.
Though there are endless wholesome options to get through this healthy eating venture, some couldn’t just help but think that their days of eating appetising food are over. Yes, cutting gluten out of your diet altogether isn’t an easy feat and some people have a hard time sticking to the plan.
What if we were to tell you that you can still enjoy tasty filling meals or you don’t have to contain yourself when a dessert craving strikes?
Yes, you would be amazed to know how you can combine your standalone gluten-free snacks with some basic ingredients to create simply irresistible recipes. Continue reading
So you’re into intense cardio training?
Cardio workouts are a great way to blast body fat and get in good shape. While many people believe in this training system to improve overall fitness, not all are able to benefit from the system even after investing a significant amount of their time in the training.
Muesli has gained much popularity as a wholesome food to kick off your day. Typically started as a dry breakfast cereal made from toasted whole oats, wheat flakes, fruit and nuts, it is today available in different versions including gluten free muesli, toasted or untoasted muesli, muesli bars and more.
Addition of healthy ingredients to conventional muesli has only upgraded it from a regular breakfast cereal to a proven healthy food that can be consumed for breakfast, lunch, dinner and on the go. Continue reading
Snacking for kids is not just a habit but a means to fuel their body with nutrition and energy to get through the day. Make your kid’s snack time fun and healthy at school with these three healthy munchies.
There would hardly be a kid who wouldn’t show fondness for snacking. Kids of all ages just love to munch on tasty treats.
The best part about their munching love is that parents can use treats to boost their kids’ energy, health and nutritional intake.
How? Continue reading
Most of us, especially women, love to snack as much as we want the needle of your weighing scale to go down. And, the reputation snacking has gained for a long time now makes us go into remorse mode every time we gulp in hunger-stimulating potato chips, big ice-cream scoops, smoothies and other appetising treats.