With almost every other health-conscious individual switching to a gluten-free diet, it comes as no surprise that gluten free snacks are quite taking over the world.
Though there are endless wholesome options to get through this healthy eating venture, some couldn’t just help but think that their days of eating appetising food are over. Yes, cutting gluten out of your diet altogether isn’t an easy feat and some people have a hard time sticking to the plan.
What if we were to tell you that you can still enjoy tasty filling meals or you don’t have to contain yourself when a dessert craving strikes?
Yes, you would be amazed to know how you can combine your standalone gluten-free snacks with some basic ingredients to create simply irresistible recipes.
Here are two of our favourites that will surely make you want to update your boring gluten-free food plan right away.
Nutty Maple-Granola Mix
Who would have thought a gluten free snacks as simple and plain as trail mix can be turned into a guilt-free treat for intense sweet cravings?
This baked mixture of trail mix, granola, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and maple syrup (the game changer) can be eaten with yoghurt for breakfast or taken with milk just like cereals only better.
Here’s how to create this beauty:
- 1/2 Melted Butter
- 1/2 Gluten-Free Kuranda Berry Blend Muesli
- 1 Teapspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Kuranda Healthy Trail Mix 500g
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Nuts (almonds, walnuts and raisins) if preferred however trail mix is sufficient
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a bowl. Remove bowl heath and combine trail mix, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and muesli in it.
- Add cinnamon, maple syrup and salt, mix well.
- Spread extra nuts on the baking sheet followed by the mixture. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, until golden brown, while stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the mixture cool. Store in the refrigerator for future use.
Muesli Choco Chip Muffins
When you are tired of eating gluten free muesli bars as part of your healthy meals or just feel like savouring something different, muesli chocolate chip muffins make a go-to option.
Same old gluten-free muesli when blended with baking powder gluten free flour, unsweetened cocoa and finished with a twist of chocolate chips can give you a potent reason to be gluten-free for your entire life.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Buds
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk and oil then lightly beat until combined
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just moistened
- Fold in Chocolate Chips or Buds
- Fill Muffin Cup Cake Moulds to approximately ¾ full
- Bake between 180-200C for 18-20minutes (Check by pricking muffin with a skewer or similar to ensure that it is cooked through)
- Once baked, cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack
So, are you still regretting your decision to go gluten free? Not anymore, we guess. Incorporate these mount-watering recipes to your meals and make your gluten free living more fun and interesting.
Kuranda Whole Foods